15-16 Jazz Company Auditions
Synergy Dance Academy’s Jazz Company is an award winning company for dancers who want more dancing experience through performances, competitions and conventions. Our jazz company includes all levels of dancers, ages 3 - 19 who want to experience working as a team to achieve a common goal of unity and purpose while developing and growing as an individual dancer.
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING
Friday, May 29th
NexStep: 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Company & ProTrak: 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
*If you are unsure which level of company is the best fit for you, please plan on attending both meetings.
Date: Saturday, May 30th
Location: Synergy Dance Academy
810a Arcturus Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Time: Please attend the audition time for your age as of January 1, 2016.
NOTE: Some dancers may be asked to stay for the next age level of auditions.
Ages 8 & Under 9:00 am – 10:00 am
Ages 9 – 11 10:00 am – 11:00 am
Ages 12 – 14 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Ages 15 & Up 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL AUDITION:
• Arrive on time! Better yet, arrive early. Give yourself enough time to stretch and warm up.
• Our auditions are generally held in the styles of Jazz, Contemporary and Ballet. However, bring all of your shoes just in case we ask to see other styles. (IE: Ballet Slippers, Tap Shoes, Sneakers, Heels, Etc. NO SOCKS!)
• All dancers must come in black, tight fitting dance clothes (leotards, hot shorts, crop tops, leggings, tank tops). Wear something that you are confident in and that shows off your body lines.
• Wear your hair pulled back in a tight bun or ponytail.
• No gum. No Jewelry.
• Audition in appropriate age group for your child’s age as of January 1, 2016
• Being nervous is natural. Don’t let it get the best of you. Remember that being nervous means that you care! Do your personal best and come in with a great attitude.
• Don’t only show off your dance technique… Show off your enthusiasm, determination, discipline, motivation & responsibility.
• No crossing of arms. No yawning. No sitting down. No leaning on the ballet barres.
If you are unable to attend, please contact us for a private audition. For additional questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to call, email or stop by the studio!
The mission of Synergy Dance Academy is to help young people uncover their future through the creative expression of dance, by:
- Discovering the personal greatness that lives within each of us
- Learning to develop a healthy lifestyle and positive self image
- Developing a relationship with the arts
- Appreciating the nature of competition
- Learning to live as a member of a larger family
Synergy Dance Academy teaches the fundamentals of the arts that result in personal growth through self expression, recreation, and real learning of life’s lessons.